17 May 2008

devinely departed






Since I went digital, I've been snapping pictures more often than I brush my teeth! 2 dozen roses accompanied my Valentine's Day dinner date. Of course, I took pictures of the live bouquet; later, I snapped a few pictures of the drooping, dying flowers. By this time most people would have thrown then away. How brilliant! Now, more appreciative of the beauty of decay, I will be careful to not ignore the imperfect beauty of what remains.


The word decay and the idea of appreciating decay, reminds me of my friend Eric, who has been a longtime lover of forgotten or ignored beauty and who captures attractively stunning images of otherwise discarded or seemingly disenchanted items. While his regular site appears to be down, a representation of his recent work that focuses on light (rather than decay) can be found at http://opticalmondo.com/.

No comments: